Pure Hygiene’s Position on Hygiene & Sanitation in Nigeria
Nigeria’s climatic & ecological diversity has implications for the intensity of human activities, nature & character of waste generated & environmental sanitation. This in turn, impacts the overall living conditions and personal hygiene of people.
Inadequate sanitation is a major cause of disease worldwide. We at Pure Hygiene believe that improving sanitation in Nigeria will have a significant beneficial impact on health across households & communities.
As a leading personal and home care products company, Pure Hygiene is committed to helping build better awareness in the community to drive home the need for good hygiene & sanitation. Our Clean Nigeria initiative is a multi-pronged mission that is founded on a strong sense of corporate social responsibility and manifests in several ways; through public awareness programmes, community-level initiatives, new technologies & continuous innovations in new products and new routes to market.
• Participation in the Global Hand Washing Day celebrations
• Free Sanitol soap and handwash distribution at schools
• Training and demonstration of good hygiene practices to school children
• Free distribution of Sanitol hand sanitiser during the Ebola outbreak crisis
• Direct and indirect support for free eye surgery of cataract patients